You are not logged in.

garyb

Friday, May 8th 2009, 12:56pm

location of master control valve

[font=&quot]I am considering installing a master valve on a new system along with a flow control sensor (flow click by Hunter) just to make sure that I don't have any water damage should a break happen. Should I mount the master valve before or after the Febco reduced pressure backflow device or does it matter? [/font] Also I was wondering how important it is to have a slow to close valve for the master control valve to prevent water hammer like a HPV-100G - Hunter HPV Series 1 inch threaded Inlet/Outlet? I assume that all controllers open and close the master valve for each valve that is programmed to turn on, and not turn on & off the master valve just one time for the entire sequence? Location is California, the line is a 3/4" copper and my static pressure is 85 psi and max flow on any one of the 16 circuits is 10.7 gpm. ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 8th 2009, 8:23pm

Never place a master valve upstream of a backflow preventer.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, May 8th 2009, 9:52pm

New rule in Texas says they have to be after the backflow device so that the backflow has constant pressure on it.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

debo

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 3:52am

New rule in Texas says they have to be after the backflow device so that the backflow has constant pressure on it.

:thumbsup:
Problem is too many illegals do not follow the laws..See it daily in Katy, Houston etc.