You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

garyb

Friday, May 8th 2009, 12:56pm

location of master control valve

[font=&quot]I am considering installing a master valve on a new system along with a flow control sensor (flow click by Hunter) just to make sure that I don't have any water damage should a break happen. Should I mount the master valve before or after the Febco reduced pressure backflow device or does it matter? [/font] Also I was wondering how important it is to have a slow to close valve for the master control valve to prevent water hammer like a HPV-100G - Hunter HPV Series 1 inch threaded Inlet/Outlet? I assume that all controllers open and close the master valve for each valve that is programmed to turn on, and not turn on & off the master valve just one time for the entire sequence? Location is California, the line is a 3/4" copper and my static pressure is 85 psi and max flow on any one of the 16 circuits is 10.7 gpm. ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 8th 2009, 8:23pm

Never place a master valve upstream of a backflow preventer.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, May 8th 2009, 9:52pm

New rule in Texas says they have to be after the backflow device so that the backflow has constant pressure on it.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

debo

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 3:52am

New rule in Texas says they have to be after the backflow device so that the backflow has constant pressure on it.

:thumbsup:
Problem is too many illegals do not follow the laws..See it daily in Katy, Houston etc.