You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, June 9th 2003, 6:44am

nozzle flow rate

A hypothetical situation. If I have a strip of land that is 60 ft wide and I have three rows of rotors. 2 rows are on the outside of this strip and one is up the center. The 2 outside rows are set so the rotors are spraying 180 and the row up the center is 360. Assume that we have head to head coverage.
My question is ,to have equal preciptation rates, should all of the rotors have the same gpm nozzles installed or should the row up the center have nozzles that are 2 times greater than the outside rows?

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 9th 2003, 8:37am

Very good question.
I use 1, sometimes two nozzle sizes up for half circle rotors and 2 mostly sizes up for full circle rotors, but you have to make sure that the nozzles can't go above the GPM you have, otherwise that would be an inefficient design.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 18th 2003, 5:36am

It depends what rotors you are using. the very good ones like Hunter, and Rainbird, have a somewhat mathched precipitation rate, sprays on the other hand, if you are using a 10' quater and a 10 foot round they water the same amount (thats using Toro 570) I would keep the nozzles the same, or make the one doing 360 a size bigger

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread