You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

zipper

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 2:01pm

Rotors

Here is a unique problem. I installed a system that draws water from our lake as the water source. I have a 100 micron filter installed downstream of the pump (prior to the valves). My Hunter PGJ rotors have stopped rotating after 4 months of operation. On inspection, I noticed the rotor filters are impacted with algae, so much so that the algae has extended through the filter and into the sprinkler gear mechanism. Cleaning the filter did not solve the problem, so the gears must be mpacted as well. Since the rotors are molded plastic, I cannot get them apart to clean the gear assembly.

I am at a loss, Hunter has no solutions for me. Does anyone know of either a solvent I can soak the rotors in to kill the algae without damaing the rotor, or of a rotor on the market that can disassembled for cleaning? I would appreciate any inputs. Thanks.

Terry 8)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 2:54am

Consider redesigning the system with Maxipaw impact-type rotors.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 5:54pm

You may need a better filter.

Did you use scrubber valves?

This may be the first of many issues.

Dan
:thumbsup: :thumbup: :wacko: :whistling: :evil:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 15th 2009, 3:56am

He maybe needs a better lake. There's only so much glop you can pump into a sprinkler system. Impact heads are for the filthiest water. For small ponds, an aerator fountain can make a big difference.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, May 15th 2009, 8:57pm

We need photos of the lake. Good Call.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread