You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Newz54

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 7:33pm

Head selection odd shaped lawn

I am having difficulty designing my system because it has some odd shapes. For one, the main lawn has about 7 feet at the top right corner and then in comes in on a slant. I am thinking about placing a 9sst side strip nozzle and dial it down to 7 feet width. Not sure what my spacing would be to the next head which is a half circle. Then my parkway strip is 8 feet by 46 feet. I guess I could place a few center strip heads but I am concerned about water loss. Here is LA we get fined if our sprinkers water the sidewalks.

I have attached a diagram. I know I need more heads for even coverage...stilling working out the arcs.

I am replacing an old system that didn't do that bad with only two circle hads in the center of the main lawn and a few around the perimeter. Overspray goes into the shrubs.

I have at least 20 gpm

Thanks for any suggestions.
Newz54 has attached the following file:
  • yardsm3.jpg (19.21 kB - 24 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 13th 2011, 1:52pm)

Rate this thread