You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

djy

Starting Member

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 10:15pm

How to fix Hydraulics Sprinkler Wires

I have an old Toro Moist O Matic Value Control Free Time Four (150-00-14).

I just learned that it uses Hydraulics to turn on and off the values, I learned this just after I carelessly cut one of the lines, then I cut out a section to figure out what kind of wire was in side the line, I didn't find any and was puzzled for a while.

The system was working great, So my question is are how should I splice this tube?

I've thought about the other option of replacing my timer system, wires and values, but I can't figure out were the values are hidden. Any suggestions for this would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 6:54am

As long as the system works, there would only be one important reason to change, which is the likelihood that the old system has no backflow protection.

Repair the tubing. Toro still makes it, and still has the tubing and fittings for it. Aside from Toro, the tubing could probably be repaired with generic compression fittings for 1/4-inch OD tubing.

Rate this thread