You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Adryan

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 2:09am

Irritrol - Richdel 217B not fully opening

Hello all,

I have made a setup with 11 Irritrol / Richdel 217B - 2"valves. They are used to switch on / of the drip lines. I have a problem the valves are not opening fully every time..lets say they work o.k. for 50%. It are used valves. When I use the manual bleed screw the valve will fully open, and stay open untill the valve is switched of. I've cleaned everything out and can find any cracks/dirt in the valves. I'm using a low flow in the valves (22GPM, 45PSI). The controller works o.k., as are the sollenoids. The way the controller works is as follow: the valve is opened and a second later the pump is powered. The pressure is build up in the system in about 7 seconds to 45PSI, but the valves often don't fully open.

any input would be appriciated!

regards,

Adryan

worachj

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 8:53am

That valve has an operational pressure range of 20-150 psi. It needs a minimum pressure of 20 psi to open/close. It could be a pressure/flow problem. I don’t know anything about pumps so I don’t have any suggestions on how to correct the problem other than switching to a valve with a lower operational pressure range. Sorry, maybe someone else can provide a helpful solution.

http://www.irritrol.com/pdf/sellsheet_200B.pdf

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "worachj" (May 26th 2009, 9:11am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 10:55am

22 gpm is rather below the operating range of any 2-inch valve, outside of those built for specifically drip.

It would be better to have some pressure on the supply side of the valve, before they open.

Rate this thread