You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jwidhalm

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 8:21am

Help In Identifng This Valve

Greetings!

I am trying to identify the model of the value in the attached photo. Even more importantly I am trying to find its suitable replacement part. I need to replace this value and I don't want to rip out the entire value assembly - I just want to replace to top portion of the valve.
jwidhalm has attached the following file:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "jwidhalm" (May 26th 2009, 8:27am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 11:06am

Looks like it could be a Hydro-Rain 311 - if it is a valve adaptor, then the entire assembly can be unthreaded and replaced with another, of another brand, with less hassle than repairing the existing adaptor.

jwidhalm

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 11:55am

It is a Rain-Bird valve - it's stamped on it.

worachj

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 2:13pm

If its Rain Bird, try sending them a Email with your picture attached and see if they can help.

Rain Bird Parts & Services
415 S. Motor Avenue
Azusa CA 91702

US Phone (877) 727-8772
toll free Fax (626) 812-5716

Email parts@rainbird.com

jwidhalm

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 4:01pm

I did contact Rain-Bird before I started this post. All they could tell me was that they "think" it looks like an old PEB valve and that I would have to rip out the entire thing and replace it.

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 7:22pm

Diaphragm

I bet you can find parts for it. Do you have pictures of the diaphragm? Or just take the diaphragm and bonnet to a parts house. Hydroscape, Ewing or John Deere will know.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 27th 2009, 5:31am

It's a good bet that Rainbird did not manufacture that - the solenoid is the giveaway. Hydro-Rain sold a version of their own valve to Rainbird to resell, with the Rainbird name on it. Since that valve has a history of the body developing an inner crack which kills the functionality, you repair it at your own risk.

I will repeat - if it is a valve adapter, buy a new adapter and chuck the old one.

If it's a Hydro-Rain inline valve, replace the whole thing - they've been out of production for over a decade.

reefrunner

Unregistered

Monday, July 27th 2009, 8:23pm

Toro PVB Dbl shutoff valve

hello, I could not find this valve in the ordering parts section. This is a Toro PVB, 1" Dbl shutoff valve. One shuts off the water to the whole system, the other goes to a hosebib. One valve on the side, one on the bottom and looks like a diafram on top with 2 (looks like test tubes out the side)

Thanks for your help.

Kevin
reefrunner12399@yahoo.com

dsell

Starting Member

Friday, September 4th 2009, 7:46am

RE: Help In Identifng This Valve

Greetings!

I am trying to identify the model of the value in the attached photo. Even more importantly I am trying to find its suitable replacement part. I need to replace this value and I don't want to rip out the entire value assembly - I just want to replace to top portion of the valve.
Did you fix this valve? I have 8 of these in my system and they are dying one by one. The sprinklers stop spraying until you open the bleed valve, then the sprinklers come on full force. As soon as I close the bleeder, the sprinklers shut off. The diaphragm looks good, I suspect the solenoid is bad.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 6th 2009, 2:20pm

Buy a multimeter and test the resistance of the wiring and the solenoids.

Rate this thread