You are not logged in.

Kevin Dearden

Saturday, June 14th 2003, 4:15am

Zones Don't Cycle Off in Auto Mode

This ones driving me nuts! For the last week I've woke to find that the zone cycling has messed up, and multiple zones are operating simultaneuously. After work, I've freed them up by cycling thru in manual mode. Yet, the problem persists.

I've checked the controller information for start times, zone times, etc. Doesn't appear that the controller (Rain Bird ESP-8) is fried. I replaced it last year, bought it through this site, and it has been operating well until now.

I've watched the pump start relay, a Hunter/Square D, (pulling from a nearby lake) and it behaves well; no chattering or arcing cycling on or off. Also, no signs that the contacts have been arcing.

Any failure modes for the controller that aren't evident by reviewing LED? Is there a mode for the pump start that would prevent full voltage turn on for the pump? I'm stumped, HELP?!!!

THanks

Kevin Dearden
Kevin

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 18th 2003, 5:43am

If you valves arent shutting off and some are operating at the same time, then the problem lays within your valves and valve box. Take apart the valves that dont work, and see if there are debris entangled in the valve that would prevent it from shutting off. This sometimes happens to me!!!! When the valve box is messy!!

Try that first

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

Kevin Dearden

Wednesday, June 18th 2003, 12:54pm

I resort to taking the valves apart if manual cycling doesn't free them up, Ray. That's what's really bugging me on this one. Each of three different times, I've cleared them through manual cycling and ensured I could cycle through all zones at least twice. Each time, the next morning I awake only to find multiple zones running again. This doesn't act like debris in the valves to me. Any other thoughts? Thanks for responding.

Kevin

If you valves arent shutting off and some are operating at the same time, then the problem lays within your valves and valve box. Take apart the valves that dont work, and see if there are debris entangled in the valve that would prevent it from shutting off. This sometimes happens to me!!!! When the valve box is messy!!

Try that first

Thanks
Ray
[/quote]

Kevin
Kevin

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 3:46am

Hey,
If they manaualally operate then its the controller. Try a Hunter Controller if you decide to Replace it. I recommend the SRC, which you can buy at a nice price at Sprinkler Warehouse. Or return your controller if its under warrenty and rep;ace it.

Let me know
Ray

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 11:23am

Try reprogramming before you spend 100 bucks or more on a new controller when all it was is that your program could have possibly been messed up. Unplug it, take out battery, have a can of pop, plug it back in, put battery back in, and reprogram it.

Kevin Dearden

Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 12:48pm

The lerts fixed themselves, Ray. Must have been small debris that has been blown out. I'll have to wait until the disease appears again before I go hunting down the cause. Right now, just following the, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" prinicple. Thanks for your advice and taking the time to post it.

Kevin D

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey,
If they manaualally operate then its the controller. Try a Hunter Controller if you decide to Replace it. I recommend the SRC, which you can buy at a nice price at Sprinkler Warehouse. Or return your controller if its under warrenty and rep;ace it.

Let me know
Ray

Thanks
Ray
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Kevin
Kevin

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 8:52am

No problem, glad everthing worked out

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray