You are not logged in.

JD

Unregistered

Saturday, May 30th 2009, 9:31pm

febco 765-1 top exploding AFTER brand new bonnet replacement...help

Hi All,
New home and new to a nice irrigation system. Line to irrigation comes right off the main, while the house has separate pressure regulator. Last week I got the Rainbird system ready (closed all valves opened for winter, etc), opened valve from main to the inlet ball value, then opened inlet and the top exploded. Figured the bonnet had broken over the winter so I ordered new and replaced today. Again, the top just exploded off when I opened the inlet valve. Febco says the 765 is rated to 150psi...can't believe my main pressue it this high. So I figure I'm doing something wrong.
Questions.
1. Unlike the Febco manual should I slowly open the inlet valve?
2. Is it possible to build up pressure high pressure in the system some how?
3. Thoughts on replacement? Should I just get a new bonnet and try again or consider a different BF device?
Thanks again!

mrfixit

Sunday, May 31st 2009, 1:55pm

Exploding

Hi, that happened to me one time. I attributed it to opening the valve too quickly. Live and learn.

candgriffith

Starting Member

Monday, June 1st 2009, 3:07pm

RE: Exploding

Hi, that happened to me one time. I attributed it to opening the valve too quickly. Live and learn.
THE SAME THING KEEPS HAPPENING TO ME. I hook my PBV And when I turn thewae on it blows off the PVC pipig that it isconneted to. Vey fustrated I NEED HELP. I have tried every way to keep this from happening. HELP!

Rate this thread