You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

etuero

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 10:34pm

Brass Champion 1" Control Valve - dribbling water

Hi, I have a sizable yard and I have learned a lot long the way but this time I am a bit stumped..please help!!
I have 9 separate Champion 1" valves, however I have one that continuously leaks water from the antisiphon side. I went ahead and replaced the brass valve and the antisiphon floater and all gaskets, yet it seems to dribble water throughout the day....any suggestions ??

thanks for your help guys ...

Erick

mrfixit

Friday, June 5th 2009, 1:41am

Dribbling

If you're sure it's not just backflow then I have a couple of ideas.

Take the valve adapter back off and look at the seat. Feel it with your finger. See if it feels rough. I use fine to medium grit emery cloth to clean the seat. It wont need much. Just shine it up. Look for pits. Very rarely the seat will crack on a brass valve but can happen.

On occasions a controller will send a faint signal to the valve 24 hours a day when it's not supposed to. I've seen this create what you've described. Let me add that just about every single time I've seen this via the controller it was an old Superior in a yellow metal cabinet.

It's possible there's debris in the main line. Look at the seat washer and see if anything's stuck to the new washer. Perhaps when you have the valve adapter off you could flush the line. Sometimes you need to remove the valve adapter at the end of the manifold to get all the debris out.

Good luck!

etuero

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 9:43am

Dribbling

I will disassemble the valve and inspect it carefully as you suggest, Also, I will replace the Superior solenoid as well. Funny enough it is one of the few Superior solenoids that are presently in use. Even though it is new I suppose that at this point I won't over look any possibilities. I will disassemble, inspect, flush and replace the solenoid then I will report the results.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

etuero

Rate this thread