You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 7:41am

Rotary spray head about 2 inches below surface?

Some of my hunter rotary spray heads are about 2" below ground level. X( I recently purchased this house and have no idea why some rotay spray heads are about 2" below ground level. ?( I had to dig around the spray head to make some clearance for the pop up. ;( The ones where I had to dig now look like golf course holes. ;( Is there a way to fix this problem without digging up the entire lines? ?(Do they make any type of extensions for the rotary spray heads? ?(

mrfixit

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 12:39pm

Riser extensions

These will do the trick. Dig one up to see what size you need. They have them at SprinklerWarehouse.com

Swing Joints:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Swing-Joints-s/6837.htm

Risers (Cut-Off Nipples):
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Cut-Off-Nipples-s/223.htm

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 7:46am

:) Thanks for your help!!!

mikemck

Starting Member

Friday, July 31st 2009, 1:37pm

I have the same problem.

I am concerned about raising the rotor while the outer housing is still low.

I have a lot of problem with grass intruding into the housing.

Is there something I can use to extending the outer housing too?

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 1:06am

Buy a shovel. Dig away the soil and add what fittings are needed to get the head to the proper height (which is a bit higher than you might think)

debo

Saturday, September 12th 2009, 8:49pm

Buy a shovel. Dig away the soil and add what fittings are needed to get the head to the proper height (which is a bit higher than you might think)

That would work...

I would dig uop the head and find the feed from main line to head. Fix it if using funny pipe. If not, add funny pipe .

Rate this thread