You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roger Stover

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 11:09am

Remote pumps

We have a growing grounds where the well is 300' from our house. Occasionally for one reason or another a pipe breaks, often in the middle of the night. And then we lose up to 10,000 gallons of water.

I have thought of connecting an alarm or radio in our house in line with the pumps so that when they start up I hear the alarm or hear the radio and know that if it lasts too long or goes off unexpectedly I could go and see what the problem is.

But since I would have to run a 600' power line from the well to the house and then back to the well I am afraid there would be enough loss of power to affect the performance of the pumps. Is there a better way to do this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 12:48am

Why not consider one of the wireless devices that can signal through a power line. One such is "x10"

Roger Stover

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 11:32am

I tried X10 - they say they have no product that would do what I want.

They referred me to homeautomation.com - but that is just a referral service to home security contractors.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 12:01pm

Maybe you need to draw a logic diagram of exactly what you wish to take place. What is your budget?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, June 19th 2009, 10:27pm

You may have to upgrade your controller and add a flow meter.

Get a Flow meter and upgrade your Irrigation controller.

Just Do it.

:thumbsup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread