You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Henry

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 4:49pm

Toro Super 700 won't rotate

I have had several Toro Super 700s in my yard for 10+ years. One would spray but not rotate when I turned the system on this spring. I purchased a new one from Sprinkler Warehouse, removed the old innards and replaced with the new innards. I went through the arc adjustment directions, but the new one won't rotate either. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Henry

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 12:25am

What size nozzle in the head? Can you free-wheel the head while it's popped up? Don't force it, but it is possible to hang up the gear drive on these heads, if you freewheel it to near the reversing point.

Henry

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 3:46pm

It came with a black head, the previous one was grey.
When it is popped up and spraying, I can rotate it in one direction but not the other. I can feel a mild rachetting/clicking sensation as I turn it.
Does this info help any, I hope?
Thanks
Henry

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 1:29pm

If the ratcheting is audible, then you probably have a full-circle-only head. By sight alone, you can distinguish one from the other by the color of the 'peg' in the body, once the nozzle is removed. Blue is full-circle-only, Red is adjustable part-circle.

Rate this thread