You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SeeMont

Starting Member

Friday, June 19th 2009, 11:01pm

What a great site, I am glad I found this

Greetings from Montana:

I have been searching the net for irrigation information for a month and tonight I ran onto this site. Wow. HELP

Here is what I have. Just purchased a property in South Western Montana. We have 2.2 Acres and irrigate about 90K Sq Ft. of flat lawn. There are scattered trees and the soil is sandy clay with lost of lower gravel and sand, we are in the mountains. There is a lot of thatch in the lawn and it is cut high, to feed the deer and elk. We run off a well putting out about 45 gph at about 50 psi. 10 zones with about 10 mixed brand gear heads per zone. Poly piping. The system works fine with good flow to all the heads, coverage is spotty in places. The system built in 1992 has been worked on by the previous owners with additions of heads, adding impact heads in the mix, sunken heads, you name it.

Where do I start? I have raised a lot of heads, replaced a few and fixed a few (to many) leaks. I am trying to find one brand of head to stay with, any suggestions. I have Rainbird, Toro, Orbit, K-somthing, plus others that have been hit to many times by the mower. I would eventually like to add a fertilizer system.

All suggestions will be appreciated.