You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 21st 2009, 6:02pm

Rainbird ESP-6TM

I have a Rainbird ESP-6TM with 3 zones connected. This controller has been installed and working for 7 years with no problems. I recently noticed that my grass was starting to dry out and checked the controller to find PR OFF on the display. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it immediately blows. Any suggestions for proper diagnosis steps would be appreciated!

mrfixit

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 12:57am

Solenoid

The fuse blows as soon as you replace it or the fuse blows as soon as you try to run the sprinkler system?

If the fuse blows when a specific valve comes on I first suspect the solenoid of that particular valve. Try disconnecting the wire at the valve which blows the fuse. If the fuse doesn't blow anymore the solenoid is bad. If it does there's a short in the wiring.

Good luck!

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 8:28pm

So here's a little more info.....I unplug the transformer and replace the fuse. As soon as I plug the transformer in, the fuse blows. Do the transformers ever go bad?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:19am

Buy a multimeter and test the wiring for resistance. The reason for a blown fuse should show itself.

Rate this thread