You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Friday, June 20th 2003, 7:01pm

Creeping Charlie

Boy did I learn about this stuff the hard way! I purchased a house and I have lived there now for one year. The house had been vacant for a couple years before I moved in and I later learned the previous owners did not tend to the yard all that much. Needless to say I had a jungle that needed taming! I figured I would start this year by using the Scotts 4-step plan, however... I have a serious case of creeping charlie and from what I understand it is very difficult to get rid of (Scotts Weed And Feed didn't even phase it). I have seen reference on various web sites to using Borax to kill it off, but is this really neccesary? If I overseed will the new grass eventually put a choke hold on Charlie or will Charlie not let new grass grow? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:41am

kill with Round-up then seed
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

mburnickas

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 10:10am

use confront or drive. Round-up is not needed.
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 2:10pm

or youmight get it with 3 way check the label on anything you buy to make sure you grass can handle the chemical

Rate this thread