You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

murrsue

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 6:49pm

Trying to sort out fittings and swing joints

I'm in the planning stages of my system and trying to figure out my whole order for Sprinkler Wharehouse. I'm in a cold climate. I'm going to be using Rainbird 5004PC 4" sprinklers and my feed and zone lines are going to be all 1" Poly pipe. I'd like to hook up each sprinkler using a Hunter swing pipe, A. for convenience and B. so there's some give when I drive over with my lawn tractor. Can someone tell me what tee and end fittings I need for the 1" poly pipe where the sprinklers go and which Hunter swing joint I need and any other fittings?

murrsue

Friday, July 10th 2009, 9:08am

Or should I make my own swing joints? and whats the proper way (off of 1" poly).

murrsue

Friday, July 10th 2009, 4:50pm

I moved this to the Miscellaneous forum.

telltale

Starting Member

Monday, August 10th 2009, 2:33pm

Poor Quality

Hi, I had a system installed back in July of 2008. Worked great all that year. Starting this spring of 2009 I have had 2 service calls due to leaks. One above ground just past the check valve, tiny hole in the PCV pipe. The second call was another leak underground, right by one of the green boxes in the ground. They blamed this on the manufacturer also. I got a letter a few weeks back saying the manufacturer of the pipe (polystar) admits to bad resin. The installer says they have gone bankrupt and right now there is class action suit against them. Anyone else here about this??

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 11th 2009, 7:02pm

No guarantee on the system?

Rate this thread