You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

murrsue

Friday, July 10th 2009, 4:49pm

Connecting Rainbird 5004 to 1" poly- Best way?? and Which grade poly pipe?

I'm slowly getting everything figured out but I'm still not sure how to connect the Sprinkler (Rainbird 5004) to the 1" poly pipe. Swing Joint? Funny pipe? ?Part numbers? I'm using all poly pipe because that's what everyone uses around here. Is there a diagram of the various methods somewhere so I can see what parts I need?

Also today at Home Depot I saw 3 different grades of 1" poly pipe, utility (cheapest), white stripe "standard", and red stripe (most expensive). Which one is recommended. I need over 1500ft. so utility would save a lot but I don't want any future problems.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 1:04pm

Never buy utitlity-grade pipe from big-box stores. You have to live with this stuff for decades, so buy the NSF poly.