You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 2:08pm

rainbird sensor hookup

I have a rainbird stpi-900 with a rainbird rsd-bex sensor. The controller has two spots for wire hookup but the sensor has three. A black, blue and red. Which goes where? Thanks for any help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 4:06pm

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 5:28pm

I have both manuals, and they both show two wires. I have three. Controller says "connect both rain sensor delay wires to the terminals marked rain sensor". I have three. I need to know which ones to use or do two go together.

worachj

Advanced Member

Monday, July 13th 2009, 10:02am

Per the manual you are doing a "Normally Close Installation". The short blue wire should be labeled "Normally Open" and is not used for your type of installation. Ignor the blue wire. The red and black wire should connect directly to your controller.

Rate this thread