You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bruce Larison

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 24th 2003, 10:12am

How much watering do I need

I have a new lawn and system, approx. 2 months old, been mowed once. How often and how much water do I need to use? My lawn is tall fescue blend.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 24th 2003, 11:24am

Lawn should get about 1" of water each week, irrigation and rain combined. Water heavy for a longer period or time rather than short, frequent every couple of hours rather than you would when you are first watering your new lawn. My schedule runs all zones for an hour three times a week.

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:00am

every other day each zone for 10-15 minutes for at least 6 weeks.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

linusabestain

Starting Member

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 10:49am

Watering management

Efficient watering management requires new knowledge and implementable solutions, as well as synthesis of current experiences

cpriem

Unregistered

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 2:45pm

1" per week

1" per week is the general recommendation. It's also recommended to do 1 deep watering instead of several short watering cycles to get the 1" as this promotes deeper root growth for your grass.

Rate this thread