You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tomsmith

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 5:50pm

EZ FLO Main Line vs Hose End unit

Does anyone see a problem in using a less expensive EZ FLO Hose End unit instead of the EZ FLO Main Line Unit for an in-ground sprinkler system? They both have the same adjustable flow rates. I would like to try this before investing too much money. I thought I would go with the Hose End Unit and an EZ FLO Standard Slip Coupling Connector to attach to my main sprinkler line this side of the RPG.

Also, I was going to use some Slug Bug mosquito/insect repellent in the EZ FLO unit because it is so much cheaper than the SkeetRGone unit. Does anyone see any issues?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards...Tom

worachj

Advanced Member

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 6:45pm

The EZ Flow Hose units can be attached to your sprinkler system but they are not designed to withstand constant/static water pressure. It should be alright if you place it after a master valve.

From EZ Flow's website:
It is important to note that the tanks of these units are made of polyethylene plastic that is not designed to withstand constant water pressure. They need to be depressurized after each use in order to ensure a long service life. They can handle up to 80 PSI (5.5 bars) in their operating mode which is the normal maximum pressure limit for most plumbing systems. All standing water pressure should be relieved after each use.

If Slug Bug mosquito/insect repellent is a non-hazardous and non-toxic product it should be alright, but it needs to be used with an anti-siphon/back-flow protection.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 8:14am

If Slug Bug mosquito/insect repellent is a non-hazardous and non-toxic product it should be alright, but it needs to be used with an anti-siphon/back-flow protection.
Not really. Since the OP spoke of a main line, no antisyphon valve can be used as a master valve. A separate toxic-rated backflow preventer would be required.

Also, it will only take the most minor zone-valve mishap to blow the hose-end device apart, if it is used in a mainline.

wws35801

Unregistered

Friday, August 14th 2009, 7:55pm

Best way to remove cap to Hose Ez-flo

I have looked at the ez-flo and it seems complicated to remove the cap. Is the best way to rotate the base to remove cap when refilling?

EZ-FLO

Unregistered

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 11:39am

Hose Bib Systems and Cap Removal

Do not use an EZ-FLO Hose Bib and Drip System for you mainline irrigation. The constant/Static pressure will rupture the HDPE tank creating a leak in you irrigation main line. The reduced cost is not worth the future headache. In 2010 EZ-FLO released a lower cost PVC system called the EZ-FLO-1. It can handle the pressure on an irrigation mainline and is roughly 45% cheaper than the EZ001-CX.

Regarding the ease of cap removal I would highly recommend the SOV kit from EZ-FLO. It is included with all of their main line high pressure systems. The valves have a quick disconnect feature which allows the user to not have to remove the compression nuts from the cap. It also provides an easy shut off point so you do not have to close your back flow device for refilling the system.

Rate this thread