You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Frankpc

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:33am

Will all barbed fittings work with all poly?

I ordered $350 worth (only the first batch of stuff) of components from Sprinkler Warehouse last night including lots of barbed fittings for 1" poly and the 1/2" funny pipe. I plan to purchase the pipe locally.

Will the barbed fittings I purchased be OK with the poly pipe I am buying? The inside diameter of the pipe is 1.049 inches. Not sure about the 1/2" pipe.

I did order 100 of the 1" Murray crimp type stainless steel clamps. Just realized 1/2" clamps are not listed. Perhaps the funny pipe doesn't require clamps.

Frank

Frankpc

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 8:00pm

I've discovered that the outside diameter of schedule 40 and class 200 is the same... Also that the inside diameter of 1" poly is all the same, and that inside diameter of 1/2 funny pipe is the same and the spiral threaded fittings used on the funny pipe require no clamps.