You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rjhuss

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 3:41am

Rainbird 5000plus VS PGP

There is about a $2 difference between the 5000+ and the PGP. The difference for my entire project will be less then $50.

Should I save the money and go with the PGP?

Are the Rainbird "RainCurtain" nozzles better then the Hunter nozzles?

I am interested in using Low Angle nozzles on some of my heads and they come with the 5000+, but I could purchase the heads that I need for the PGPs.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 8:30am

The 5000+ has more features for a contractor than for you! I dont happen to like them, id rather the PGP anyda, but yes the Raincurtain nozzles are AMAZING!!!! The PGP waters find though, with no wet or dry, rainbird just took the PGP, caleld it the 5000, mixed in a little I-20 popped in a raincurtain nozzle, and put it on the market. Yes you will have to buy the low angle nozzles, but its worth it for the PGP. The PGP will definatly last longer

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 25th 2003, 11:12am

Ray did you try them out yet?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 10:57am

Hey RVLI,
YEa i bought some and popped them on. They are okay, spray fantastic......but i still lean toward the PGP.....

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 11:00am

Hey RVLI,
YEa i bought some and popped them on. They are okay, spray fantastic......but i still lean toward the PGP.....I guess the 5000 is a PGP with a Raincurtain Nozzle, because it seems the same quality as a PGP

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread