You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dspayne

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 6:29am

Irritrol Valve Leak?

I just installed a new Irritrol 2713APR 1 inch- Anti-Siphon Control Valve w/Flow Control. When I open the valve (electrically or manually), there is a leak from an opening underneath the solenoid. It's not a steady stream, but a fast drip. Is this normal? This is the first valve in my new system and I have been unable to find any documentation on this valve other than sales rhetoric. Thanks

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 26th 2003, 7:06am

Let me see if I'm guessing right...
The water is leaking where the soleniod and valve thread into each other?? Right?

dspayne

Friday, June 27th 2003, 7:25pm

no, underneath of where the solenoid plugs in is a small opening. I would have guess it was something like a pressure relief opening or some kind of drain. However, the only time water comes out is when the valve is open, not when it is closed.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 28th 2003, 6:50pm

If theres anyplace thats odd for water toleak its there. Try tightning the soloneiod down, if not theres probably something wrong with the valve, although i dont use Anti-Siphon Valves

Does it happen with all ur valves?

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

dspayne

Tuesday, July 15th 2003, 4:35pm

I think I found the problem. There is a small nipple on the underside of the upper valve body (solenoid mounts directly over it). There is an o ring that fits around the nipple so that when the 2 halves are screwed together the space is sealed off. When the valve was assembled at the factory, the o ring was not seated properly and was pinched. Not forming a good seal which allowed water and air to leak in. Thus causing the leak and also the valve stopped closing (that zone ran for 4 hours last Saturday). Thanks for the help.

Scott

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 16th 2003, 9:03am

Any time im glad everything worked out!!~

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread