You are not logged in.

AdamT

Saturday, July 25th 2009, 7:29pm

Is this OK to use as a backflow device?

I am still trying to install a sprinkler system using as much of the original system(destroyed by previous owners) as possible. This was installed at one of the original 1" taps. It is a Strataflo 352 check valve with 1/4" taps on both sides of the valve.

I think it was originally installed right before this spigot

Is it a valid backflow device, it would be 16" - 20" below the highest sprinkler head.

I want to do this system properly, but I got a little freaked out when I went to get a $100 PVB and then realized that I would need at least $70 worth of copper pipe and fittings to adapt it to my system. I thought that the price of copper had come down, $28 for a 10' stick of 1" copper is more than I was expecting.

Adam

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 27th 2009, 3:11pm

Just get the PVB and mount it high enough to be effective. Or consider using a row of antisyphon valves next to the house, also elevated properly.

AdamT

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 5:40pm

I ordered the PVB yesterday. I checked with one of the plumbers at work and he recommended using CPVC and anchoring it to the house. Much cheaper and I wasn't looking forward to soldering next to my gas meter anyway.

Adam

Rate this thread