You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hellmaster

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 2:15pm

Problem with SRV-100GS - Hunter SRV valve

I have 1 Hunter SRV-100GS valve that is not wqorkign right anymore. I had a few not working and I changed the module in the controller and a couple solenoids and all was well except for one.

For me it is zone 5, I put a new solenoid and it still does not work. The solenoid clicks when the zone is turned on but the valve does NOT open. I have to turn it a lot more than a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. I have to turn it almost all the way out before it lets the water through. What should I do? I dont want to rip the manifold apart and change the whole vavle.
THANKS!, John

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 7:28am

Try a new diaphragm assembly.

hellmaster

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 7:50am

Thanks. I emailed sprinklerwarehouse.com to see if they have one for that valve.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 1:02am

Better to just buy an entire valve, since you might need to replace all the 'guts' and the cover as well. Sometimes nothing less than replacing the entire valve will do.

hellmaster

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 2:38am

OK. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 9:06pm

classic problem.

take a paper clip and clean the bypass port on the valve. i always have that problem with RB. hunter every blue moon.

when you use too much glue on the install. that happens.

Rate this thread