You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cale

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 11:44am

Rain Bird esp-lx+ rain sensor

I have a 3 y/o controller and I finally got around to installing a rain sensor. I bought a Toro model 5376. No probem installing it. The instructions for the rain sensor state that it can be configured in a "Normally Closed" way or a "Normally Open" way. I understand that one way interrupts the circuit circuit when it rains, and the other way completes the circuit when it rains. Can you tell me which configuration my controller uses (normally open or normally closed), please.

Cale

Cale

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 11:48am

After reading this I think some clarification is needed. The controller is a Rain Bird esp-16lx+ and the sensor is the toro model.

Cale

phoenixx

Unregistered

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 7:38am

RE: Rain Bird esp-lx+ rain sensor

I can tell you that mine is wired in series with the ground (common) wire on the controller and each of the valves ( one side) .. when there is no rain this sensor MUST be closed or the valves ould NOT turn on... when it rains, this sensor MUST open.. so that it breaks the ground connection to each of the valves... the controller still runs of course, but no current can get to the valves because the senseor opnes the ground connection

Hope this helps.. thats how MINE works

I have a 3 y/o controller and I finally got around to installing a rain sensor. I bought a Toro model 5376. No probem installing it. The instructions for the rain sensor state that it can be configured in a "Normally Closed" way or a "Normally Open" way. I understand that one way interrupts the circuit circuit when it rains, and the other way completes the circuit when it rains. Can you tell me which configuration my controller uses (normally open or normally closed), please.

Cale