You are not logged in.

tg_up

Starting Member

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 2:39pm

Controller Problem? Irritrol RD-600 EXT

I have an Irritrol RD-600-EXT - Rain Dial Series problem that I would like some help with. It has been installed for quite some time and just recently started having issues.

Problem:

1. Grass started to dry out in the front yard.

2. Manually tried to turn on Station 1 (front yard)....I could see the time on the LCD count down but no water was

supplied to front yard.
3. I manually turned on all other stations (2-5) and they came on fine.

4. I found that if I manually started station 2 (backyard-west) for 1 min hit the start button and while that was going,

quickly rotate the dial back to station 1(front yard) and set it for a few mins it would run for the full time that was set.

So, I can't manually start station1 and it won't come on when its programmed to run. The only way I can get station to come on is to go through step 4 above.

Controller problem?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

mrfixit

Friday, August 7th 2009, 2:35pm

Try moving the number one wire to the number six terminal on the controller. I have other ideas but try that first.

Unregistered

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 4:48pm

Tried switching the terminals

Mr. Fix it,

I tried switching the terminals wires from 1 to 6 with the same result. The only way that I can get Station 6 to turn on is the same way as before. If I select station 2 or 3 first and start either one running and then quickly turn the dial to station 6 and start it running, then it will run ok. I'm assuming that this is telling me that my valves are working ok if they do actually come on. I have tried various switching of wires to different terminals inside the controller box. But I'm really not sure how they wired this up. I can see that I have 3 smaller color coded wires going from the controller box to the valve box. I've found which color matches up with which valve. I may just have to take a picture and attach it to this thread. I would like to see a wire diagram. I will try to attach a picture either tonight or tomorrow. Are there any other suggestions that you would have me try?

mrfixit

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 10:02pm

How come your id changed? Anywho, I have seen the Rain Dial do something similar to what you've described but in reverse. Number one comes on when you try to run any valve manually. It's a glitch. Those controllers were manufactured around '97-'98. The problem's since been fixed. I think you need to look at the valve next. I'd replace the diaphragm and look for debris in the ports. I bet that works. I'll wait for the picture to see what kind of valve you have.

Rate this thread