You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chuck

Starting Member

Sunday, June 29th 2003, 2:59pm

Valve stays on & moves down the line

I have a six zone system, using the Hydro Rain HR6100 from Hardie Irrigation. I believe the system is at least 15 years old?? I recently moved into this home.

When I turned on my system - zone 4 would stay on continuously. Thinking there was a problem with this particular valve, I rewired my valves, ie., removing the two zone 4 wires from the group of wires that were taped together. Zone 4 is now disconnected. I turned the system back on and the problem has moved to zone 5. Now zone 5 doesn't stop.
I went to the controller box and put the switch to off - zone 5 continued to flow. I pulled out the plug and zone 5 continued to flow.
I had to turn off the water completely to stop the flow. What is wrong?
Thank you very much.

Chuck

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 29th 2003, 3:55pm

If you shut off zone 4 and then the problem moves to zone 5 then you might have something like a rock in ur manifold, thats floating from valve to valve keeping it open. Take apart zone 5's valve and clean everything out, give it a good flush,a nd see what happens from there!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, June 30th 2003, 10:48am

Prior to zone 5 staying on continuously, did zone 5 work normal? Can you shut zone 5 off manually at the valve?

Edited by - drpete3 on Jun 30 2003 3:50:39 PM
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 12:19pm

Check what dr pete said, but if you said just zone 4 stayed on, and now when thats disconnected zone 5 does it, then most likely you have something in the line. If your manifold has a cap on the end that screws out flush the manifold, after you clean the valves. I know on my installations i put a female adapter pluged with a threaded cap for expansion and flushing. Clean everything out, most likley there someting in there. (Unless your controller is bad?)

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread