You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MaFanYow

Saturday, August 22nd 2009, 3:01pm

Irritrol RD600 transformer

My sprinkler system is not working. The display on my Irritrol RD600 controller is blinking. I measure the voltage at the 24VAC input from the transformer and it measured over 38V. The transformer is a class 2 transformer rated at input: 120VAC 60Hz 38W and output: 24VAC 1250 mA. I don't know if the sprinklers not working is due to the high voltage from the transformer or something else. If the transformer is the problem, I need help locating a replacement transformer as I have trouble finding one with similar ratings.

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 23rd 2009, 6:56am

The voltage reading has nothing to do with any controller problems. All no-load voltage readings will be higher than the listed output voltage.

MaFanYow

Sunday, August 23rd 2009, 8:49am

Thank you, Wet_Boots, for the reply. If the transformer is not the problem, what is? What else can I look at to diagnose the problem further?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 24th 2009, 12:39pm

Try a reboot. Power off. Battery removed. Some of these controllers have a reset button. Read your owners manual. If you don't have one, find it online.

Rate this thread