You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ssg618

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 7:18am

watering a flower bed

I currently have a Toro sprinkler system and use the Super 700 heads. I am interested in adding via tapping one of the sprinkler zones, a system for a flower bed with a few small shrubs. What type of irrigation is best to use for this area? Do you have any specific materials for this installation? Please advise. Thanks

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 8:53pm

we use drip down here in texas. new zone, new valve, new pipe. do it right the first time. never mix beds with turf. thats my rule. something will not look right. besides. you need a new system if you have toro. im sorry :rolleyes:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 10th 2009, 6:12pm

Heads watering the lawn will deliver much more water than drip will, so you can't have them on the same zone. By the time the drip has delivered the needed water to the beds, you will have drowned the lawn.

There is a specific exception to this general rule, when it's only a few shrubs needing watered, and you have access to professional drip components, which can be selected to deliver much higher watering rates.

Rate this thread