You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KabbyBarty

Starting Member

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 3:38pm

System doesn't Run all the time

I need help to diagnose a problem. I have 6 valve system. The system has no problem running off the timer if the ground is wet. Yet if the ground is dry it will not run. Example. I can try to run the system through the timer after several dry days and the timer will cycle through but not sprinklers will come on. If I go and turn each valve on indivdually and run them the system will run off the timer after the ground or inside valve boxes are wet. They will run after it rains. But if it doesn't rain or I don't water they won't come on.

If I watered every other day they would come on every time. If I allow it to sit for a while the system won't run off the timer.

Any ideas?

mrfixit

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 5:26pm

Hmm, I can't say that's a classic symptom that I'm aware of. My best guess would be there's a bad splice on the ground wire. Dig around in that box and redo all the wire connections. Double check the connections at the controller and make sure they're snug. If that doesn't work look for another splice. It could be anywhere along the line or in another box. Possibly a master valve wire. Do you have a pump? If that doesn't work look and see if there's a spare wire running from the controller to the valve box you can use to replace the existing ground wire. Well that's a start.

Good luck!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 8:59pm

Along the same lines as the previous post, I would look for a rainsensor that is malfunctioning.

Let us know.

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup: