You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

t1021ru

Friday, September 25th 2009, 8:33pm

Rainbird Impulse heads

I have a station with 3 Rainbird impulse heads. On this station 2 heads sometimes just shoot out water and do no rotate and the 3rd head rotates and shoots out water. Two other stations with 2 heads each work fine. My system turns on at 4am and according to the city this is an excellent time for watering. I have turned on my system during the day and run the 3 impulse head station for 10 minutes and have not seen any water leaks. My system is 20 years old.

Doos anyone have any ideas?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 6:28pm

The rotation in the impulse heads usually is dependent on clean area around the heads. Make sure grass has not grown around the heads and pull any leaves and crap out of the area.

good luck.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

t1021ru

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 6:41pm

Rainbird Impulse heads

Does water pressure affect the operation of impulse heads? I have found out that water pressure can be low at times the city admitted this to me. I do not know what is the minimum water pressure for rainbird impulse heads or even the rainbird 1800 popup need to operate. Since at times 2 of the impulse heads do not rotate and the third does this puzzles me.

t1021ru

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 6:43pm

Rainbird impulse heads.

I keep the aera around all heads impulse and popup clear of grass and debris.

Rate this thread