You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JJ

Unregistered

Friday, December 4th 2009, 1:14pm

Toro 12-station Greenkeeper 212 runs in OFF position

My Toro runs even though the timer dial is in the off position. Please advise if anyone has had similar problem and how to correct. Thx.

mrfixit

Friday, December 4th 2009, 4:20pm

Disconnect the wire from the controller or unplug the controller to see if the valve shuts off. If it shuts off you have a controller issue. If it doesn't shut off you have a valve issue. I have seen the Greenskeeper malfunction telling a valve to stay open. You may want to check the back up battery before unplugging the controller.

Good luck!

DebHolt

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 9:43am

Toro Greenkeeper 212 runs in off position

We just changed the 9 volt alkaline battery and all works great again.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 12:49pm

RE: Toro Greenkeeper 212 runs in off position

We just changed the 9 volt alkaline battery and all works great again.

Hi Deb. Changing the battery wont fix anything. All that battery does is save the programming to the controller in case the power goes out. It wont actually run the sprinkler system.
Maybe you reset the controller without knowing it. If you unplug the controller and take out the battery this will reset the controller. I'm guessing that you probably reprogrammed the controller and now it's working.
Or you just think it's working because you have a display again because of the fresh battery.

Rate this thread