You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 7th 2009, 6:50pm

I cant find the right control / timer for my needs

I need a control / timer that has 6 irrigation circuits + pump start or master valve that is fully programmable and not limited to operate only when a valve is open. My reason: Im building an hydroponics flood and drain table. the table is 6'x6'x1' with 6 individual troughs that will flood and drain separately. How it works: the controler / timer I need help finding calls to irrigate trough #1, control valve for trough #1 opens, pump starts, trough fills up through hole in bottom of trough, water starts over-flowing into over flow tube back into reservoir, after 15 minutes the pump then stops, all water then drains back into resivior through the pump, when the trough is empty then control valve for trough #1 closes. All of this is going to have to be tried out and timed then programed into the control. Anyways I spent some time at the local hardware stores in town and found all the controls are very limited programming capabilities. the only other idea I have is to use a digital light timer that would control the pump seperatly from the control valves. I dont see a problem with that ideal long as both the light timer and sprinkler control keep the same time.

mrfixit

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 2:36pm

Hunter

I prefer the Hunter line of controller. Some on this site like Rainbird. Both should be able to do what you want with some creative programming. I believe you said you want the pump to come on with number one. Then you want the pump to shut off but keep number one running. I don't think you'll find a controller to do specifically that. What you could do is wire the number one valve to two slots. Have it come on with number one and the pump. Then have the same valve switch to number two and no pump. The hunter Pro C or the Hunter ICC should do the trick.

I just went to the Hunter website. There's a fancy controller called the ACC. I have no idea if it'll do what you want. Worth a look see though.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Products/Controllers/accintro.html

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Dec 8th 2009, 2:48pm)

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 4:50pm

Thanks I'll check them out. To be more clear I need the pump to flood all 6 troughs at different times. the troughs drain the same way they were filled, so i have to keep the control valve for each trough open after the pump shuts off to drain the troughs.

Sunday, December 13th 2009, 10:13pm

I checked it out, not gonna work. I think im going to have to get a basic timer that i can have at least 6 start times per day, then run a digital timer to run the pump. I just hope they both keep the exact time or atleast close. Once its all setup ill post a video and some pics that way you guys can see what im up to. thanks for all the help

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:24am

Consider any controller that can run two zones simultaneously, like a Toro/Irritrol 'Total Control' and make one or more of the zones control the pump. After that, it's all about your programming.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 10:17pm

Take a look at the Toro TMC-212 Controller. http://www.toro.com/irrigation/res/smturfcont/tmc212/index.html

This controller has a special functions option that allows for Pump Start and Master Valve settings. You might benefit from this timer because you can run multipule programs at one time (A,B, and C). Program A will have the Master Valve on, Program B you will turn it off. You would have Program A run from say 10AM to 10:15AM (both Master Valve and Zone One will Turn on) Then have Program B run from 10:15AM to 10:30 AM (Only Zone One will Turn on) Hope this helps.

Mark Cardarelli

Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.

ldcxyz

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 10:36am

The Rain Bird ESP-LX (contractor) series

The ESP-LX series will allow you to run the valves and pump separate or together by installing the pump as a station on Program D. Program D will run on its own, or at any other time (simultaneously) with any of the other programs (however you program it). We have used this method to do similar things.

Rate this thread