You are not logged in.

DMF

Starting Member

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 10:07am

standing water after new installation

I just had a sprinkler system installed last week and it was winterized and shut down after I was instructed on how to use the control panel. There is a section of my yard that has had standing water puddles ever since the installation and the rest of the yard (on all other sides of the house) is completely dry. There is also water inside the valve box. It hasn't rained in 5 days, yet the repair person states that standing water is due to the water leaching from the clay in my yard due to when they tested the system and winterized it 5 days ago, or it is from run off from my neighbor (their yard is also dry). The repair guy is coming back out tomorrow and I would like to have some intelligent questions to ask because this doesn't make since to me. My yard wasn't a mudpit before and now it is, only where the sprinkler lines are on that side of the house. Help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 10:21am

Is the system designed in a way that allows you to have an open drain valve in the supply? That is important. Some system shutoff valves can fail to be a hundred percent effective, and water can bleed through the "shut" valve and get into the system.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 3:35pm

look at the water meter and see if you can get movement through the meter when you are not using water. Isolate the irrigation system by turning on and off the backflow prevention device and see if there is any difference. This will tell you if movement of the water meter is in the house line or the irrigation.

Good Luck.

Dan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread