You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Msulli2472

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 8:17am

Low Pressure

Several years ago we purchased a hose that had an existing irrigation system. The system is fed from a well with a submersible pump and an above ground tank. We recently replaced both the submersible pump and the tank. Prior to replacing the pump and tank I seemed to have low water pressure in some of my zones. I thought I had low pressure because some of the pop up impact rotors would not trip back after completeing a one pass. I ahve several question that I hope someone can help answer:

1. How does one measure the water pressure in a zone and what is an acceptable pressure?

2. If the pressure in a zone is found to be low is it possible to increase the pressure and if so how?

3. The pop up impact rotors on the system are old. Do these rotors wear out and could that be why they are not resetting? Please note that I have checked these rotors for debris and find them to be clean.

4. Would flushing the zone be helpful?

Thanks

Rate this thread