You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sparkie

Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 3:25pm

Dawn Saddle-Bolts breaking??

I am a homwowner and I have been having problems w/ the Dawn Industries (Colorado) Kwikseal, white plastic-the "simple, reliable" plastic swivel bolts keep breaking?????

I live in southern Michigan. The installer, a good friend, died soon after installing so I am maintaining it myself-probably would of anyway. Maybe they were tightened too much at installation?? That's what the manu. told me today when I called and asked if they had redesigned them to be more durable since 1995. I was told they have not had a problem w/ them breaking. The manu. volunteered to send me (6) saddles for free, model 100D (1" poly pipe).

Is there an better, simple replacement or I can just keep replacing them. The system consists of Hunter PGP,4" w/ 14 heads on 4 zones.

Thanks for the info,
Sparkie

Edited by - sparkie on Jul 01 2003 8:27:48 PM

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 5:56pm

Not really. Just make sure when you replace those saddles that you get the saddle on top of the old hole that was bored.

Rate this thread