You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dodgers1

Starting Member

Monday, March 15th 2010, 3:01pm

Hunter PGP Rotor Leaks

I have several Hunter PGP rotors that have developed leaks between the Pop-up Body and the Body Cap. I noticed on the Hunter drawing that there is a Seal Replacement Kit available. Is the kit a.) likely to fix my problem?; b.) worth the effort compared to just replacing the entire assembly?; c.) is the kit available?

I am also curious why I have several of these rotors leaking and if it's due to the relatively cold winter (in Houston, not Minnesota)? The house/sprinkler system is about five years old, but I just bought the house last fall and don't really know if this problem was pre-existing.

Thanks.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, March 15th 2010, 9:12pm

before you spend the money, spend the time. Withe the water not on tighten the cap on the rotor. Give it a try.

If not change the rotors.

good luck
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 3:31pm

Leaking seals are a major failure point with Hunter rotors, because the tolerances are so fine. I would place little faith in replacement seals, but who knows, you might luck out. The rotor mechanism itself is likely to work for a long time yet. Make sure replacement heads aren't set too low, as it accellerates wearing of the seals.

4x4

Unregistered

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 7:07am

same problem

I am having the same problem....have a good stream of water that is leaking off into my driveway when my rotors pop up..they still spray fine just leaking.....I also have one the lawmower clipped the top off on.....being new to this, is it correct if you twist out the insides there is no need to dig and unscrew the body from the actually pipe?

4x4

Unregistered

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 7:20am

also if I need to buy three new heads where is a good place to buy them online? How easy/hard is it to replace these and get them adjusted correctly?

mrfixit

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 1:14pm

Hi, yep you can just unscrew the innards of a pgp and swap them out. It's a good idea to keep the empty body because the pgp threads will on occasion split open.
As far as adjusting goes, it's fairly simple once you get the hang of it. You may find it tricky at first. You have to physically turn the sprinkler to the right where you want the water to go. Then use the tool to adjust how far you want to it to turn to the left.

You can buy them online here.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-PGP-ADJ-4-PGP-Adjustable-Arc-Roto-p/PGP-ADJ.htm

4x4

Unregistered

Friday, April 16th 2010, 8:20am

Do you need any special tool to unscrew the body out or just a pair of pliers? I just ordered three heads....simple screw out and screw back in replacement process?

mrfixit

Friday, April 16th 2010, 2:41pm

I use channel lock pliers.

Rate this thread