You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TedH

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 11:43am

Low Pressure in One Zone

Using Irratrol valves for that are 20 years old for 5 zone system. Four zones are working fine but zone 5 is not getting enough pressure to fully extend the heads and when pulled up by hand water does not extend more that a couple of feet. Water flowing to valve is adequate, (when bonnet was removed this could be observed). Removed each head individually and water is coming out but without much pressure ie it is not shooting in the air. Replace diaphram and this did not solve the problem. Switched solenoid with adjacent zone that was working fine and this did not solve problem. When I turned the bleeder valve a small amount of water comes our but it doesn't seem to affect the system. When I slightly unscrew the solenoid water comes out. The stem on the valve is fully turned counter clockwise which is the open position. When I turn the stem fully clockwise, the closed position, water still comes out of the head. I suspect the problem is with the valve and hopefully not a broken pipe. I see no visual evidence of a leak.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

TedH

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 2:42pm

Low Pressure in One Zone

Update:

Bought a new valve and switched out the old bonnet and diaphram with the new one and new solenoid. Voila, It didn't do anything. I let the zone run for a couple of minutes and saw what appeared to be a leak. I dug and Yes there was a leak fairly near the valve control (3 to 4 feet). The area of the leak is located among a conglomeration of Rube Goldberg connections. Now the real test, I have to cut out all the reducers and elbows and figure out how to get it all connected and running again. I do hope this is the only leak.