You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

boozwaa

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 10:00pm

3 of 6 sprinklers not coming on from zone 1

Hi,
Having a problem where in one zone, where I have 6 sprinklers, only three are coming on. The other three are just dead. I took off the head and the cap from the dead sprinklers and not a drop of water is coming out. Any ideas as to what is going on? Would appreciate any help on this. I have never had this happen before.

boozwaa

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 10:11pm

I should also add that all the sprinklers are rotors and the other three that are working are coming on full blast. I have searched for soggy areas where there might be a broken pipe but had not found any.

mrfixit

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 11:45pm

It's a possibility that you normally have two valves running at the same time. 3 sprinklers on each valve.
One of the valves might have a problem.
There's a possibility that the line itself is clogged up. Seen it happen. A sprinkler breaks off and the line gets full of dirt. The pipe breaks, the line is repaired but the line is full of dirt. I even found a plastic baggie inside a pipe once keeping half the sprinklers from working.
Could be a check valve in the line not operating anymore for whatever reason.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Mar 21st 2010, 11:52pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 6:00am

Tree roots can also be a problem, if they encircle and strangle a zone pipe. Much more common in poly pipe territory, and usually showing itself as a low-flow problem first, rather than a complete blockage.

boozwaa

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 2:04pm

Thanks for the help here. I appreciate it.
It was a blockage in the pipes. What happened was that I had a broken pipe
that I waited a day to fix after I had cut it. After digging up the area and
cutting the pipe to see where the clog was I looked in and saw a snake dead
inside the pipe. A good size rattle snake. The snake apparently slithered
its way into the pipe and after I had fixed the pipe, it must have drowned after I turned on
the sprinklers to test it out.

I am glad it was a dead snake. At any rate, now I have a story to tell others about. Thanks again.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, March 29th 2010, 6:12pm

That is a great story!!! :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread