You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 10:50am

pumpkin man needs help please

Hey Guys.

Chris from Toronto Canada here! I am setting up a irrigation system to grow giant pumpkins!!!!! I have 2600 gallons of rain water storage that I will use to water my plants with a sprinkler pump. I plan on using the Rainbird controller ESP8LX as it has the cycle and soak feature I am after. I assume I will need a 24volt 1 1/2" main valve on the discharge side of the pump otherwise all the water in my tanks will just siphon out. (if I am wrong please correct me)
I will also have a 24v pump start relay to trigger the pump.
Question is can I run both the pump start relay and the main valve off the single master valve terminal in the controller?

Cheers

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 9:19am

Use a simple vacuum breaker above the level of the water in the rain tank, and you can skip the master valve. it goes on the outlet side of the pump.

Rate this thread