You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

red24

Starting Member

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 5:23am

loss of pressure

I am pretty sure i don't have any leaks, but there is not enough pressure to push up sprinkler heads and water the entire yard. could my main valve be bad (sprinlers have lost pressure at ever watering station)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 7:07am

Could be a Master Valve malfuncioning, you can check your timer in the terminal strip for a wire on MV.

Could be the Backflow is not working correctly.

Could be the water source is not open all of the way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 1:59pm

The first thing I would look for is a pressure regulator. If that spring inside breaks then there
will be low pressure on all zones.

Every once someone hasn't turned on a shut off valve all the way as Todd mentioned.
Could be at the water meter.

ldcxyz

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 9:48pm

If this system is on a well. You might want to check the GPM and see if it has dropped. We are facing this all the time because of dry conditions and low water tables. If this is the case, you can hope that smaller nozzles will solve the problem, or else its a new pump or redisign of the system.