You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

crusader727

Starting Member

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 9:55am

Sprinkler Valve Pops-Up but no Water comes out

I'm using Toro 570 series sprinkler heads on my system, and have replaced some of the sprinkler heads in the past. I just replaced a 180 degree sprinkler valve on the system without issue. The issue I have with this individual sprinkler valve is weird because I have tried two separate 360 degree valves (both brand new from the Home Depot) and they both pop-up but there's barely a trickle of water coming out of the valve. I'm assuming that something may be clogging the line (but can't figure out why the valve would pop up with low pressure). Should I try to clean out the line with a plumbing snake or is there something else I should try? Anything I might be missing?

mrfixit

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 12:56pm

Please don't snake anything.

Here's the problem. DIRT. There's dirt clogging the valves/nozzles. You need to flush the line. Take the nozzles off and flush the line. Clean nozzles or replace again.

BJFlorida

Unregistered

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 6:50pm

No Head pressure

Remove the nozzel and then the plastic filter in the popup head. The filter may be clogged preventing the head from getting water. It this is not the issue, the earlier suggestion of flushing the system would be in order. If the heads pop up, there is probably water present, you just need to get the blockage removed.

Rate this thread