You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfixit

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 12:33pm

Email

I received this in an email today:
DonsomBody has sent the following message from SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers (http://www.sprinklertalk.com/wbb):
I have removed battery and display is still working, but system willnot turn on.
Display shows system as working and timer works and it show the stations but NO WATER.
Any other suggestions? I'm stumped. I have now turned off the water at the main valve so that nothing happens that isn't supposed to. What should I do now?? (after I turn the water on)

mrfixit

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 12:48pm

Hi Don, here's the first thing I do. I check to see if there's a blown fuse at the controller. Might be a reset button. If that's the case then I suspect a solenoid then crossed wiring. You'll need to determine which valve is blowing the fuse.

If that's not it check the transformer. Is it warm to the touch? You probably have a display because of the backup battery. Is there power coming out of the outlet?

The backup battery will not run the system. It simply remembers the programming if the power goes out.

Here do this since you're new at all this. Simply take the backup battery out and see if the display goes away. If so you're onto the problem. You'll probably have to reprogram the controller if you do this. Your choice.

Rate this thread