You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

redants

Starting Member

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:54pm

5 valves - 10 zones?

The controller shows 10 programed zones... I found 5 valves... I thought I had to have 1 valve for every zone, but I can only find 5 valves... Can 1 valve control 2 zones?... zone 5 is not working but zone 6 is... I swapped valves #1 to #3 and zone 5 worked but zone 3 stayed on with each zone only changing pressure depending on what other zone was on at the same time... zone 6 did not work... Very Confused ?(

Friday, May 14th 2010, 9:17pm

you should only be running one valve per zone. One valve cannot control 2 zones. Zone 3 is staying on because of a diaphram problem. You'll loose pressure on any other zone you turn on because zone 3 is stuck open and you've drawing to much pressure away from how the system is built.

are you on a well? Look at the timer wiring. Are you missing a wire in every other slot in the timer's zone terminals? Some installers found a cheat way of putting what we call "well recovery breaks" into the programming. Basically.. the timer will run a bogus amount of minutes (not actually watering anything) on every other zone to give a well time to recover before going to the next zone. Check it out. Let me know

Mark Cardarelli
RI Master Irrigator #000003
Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 4:53pm

Check the wiring in the controller to see if 10 zones are actually connected to it. If there are 10 then try running each one individually and seeing what happens. Then you will know what is connected to what
Промывать Стратегически

mrfixit

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 5:59pm

I'm wondering if you may have put the number 3 wire in the mater valve slot instead of number 1. A lot of times they're side by side and can be easily confused. This would cause number 3 to run with all the other valves.