You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

krappaw

Unregistered

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 10:35am

bad valves

Valve keeps shuting on and off on 2 out 0f 10 valves. Changed valves on both still having same problem>

mrfixit

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 1:43pm

I have a couple of thoughts for you.

If the two valves are on a seperate programs check the start times. You only need one start time per program.

If the valves are coming on and off with other numbered valves you have a wiring problem. Or if you're on a master valve could be valve problems. Most likely a diaphragm.

If they're doing it randomly on their own dump the controller. You could try disconnecting the number 2 and 10 wire from the controller. If the valves still come on the problem's not the controller.

I suppose in a rare case if the solenoid or bleeder screw isn't snug the valve could come on and off by itself. Two at once though, doubtful.

Now that I've given too much info it occurs to me you problably have a loose wire. If the valves are shutting off randomly when they're supposed to be running that would be my guess.

Good luck!

Rate this thread