You are not logged in.

Hobbes

Unregistered

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 3:22pm

Can't get water to turn on

Hello, I have a rainbird automatic sprinkler system. In certain areas of my yard I can't get the water to turn on at all. I have turned the main water valve on but only parts of my yard will get water pressure. I did notice a wet spot on one part of my lawn. Anyone know how to go about fixing this problem?

mrfixit

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 2:55pm

Sounds like you need to check the diaphragms. I believe one or more has come apart. This is a total guess with the limited information I have. If you find the diaphragm has come apart and some of the parts are missing you need to get those out of the manifold the best you can. It would help if I knew what make and model valve you have and if the wet spots are there 24 hours a day or does it flood while the valve is running.

Friday, May 14th 2010, 9:12pm

If you have a zone on, can hear water running in the system, (from the backflow or valves, etc) but don't see any heads popping up... you mentioned a wet spot on the lawn... I'd consider looking into a possible break in the pipe in that wet spot. The broken pipe will take pressure away from that zone popping up or perhaps prevent it from running all togehter If there is no leak, consider a valve problem.

Mark Cardarelli
RI Master Irrigator #000003
Ocean State Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.