You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Clyde5

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 2:53pm

sprinkler stopped during manual cycle

While running a manual cycle, my sprinkler system suddenly turned off and I can not get it to come back on. It is a Weathermatic LawnMate sprinkler system that I have been using the manual controls with no problem until now. I read the Troubleshooting part of the manual and changed the backup 9V battery (which was corroded), and also put a new fuse in. The display shows each cycle to work, but nothing is happening in the yard. Water company says everything is fine, too. I've located the two valve compartments in the yard, but do not know what to look for to check things there. Help??? Another thing, the day before the system quit working, we de-clogged a few nozzle heads, allowing those nozzles to work when they had not been working. After this, the system ran with no problem several times, until the next morning when it quit during Cycle 1.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 7:50am

Is this running on city water? You may have an issue with either the valves or the wiring.

Clyde5

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 6:21pm

Yes, it is running on city water. Forgive me, but I'm extremely uneducated in this area. If it is a problem with the valves or the wiring, does that mean in the ground box from the city, or one of the two ground boxes that came with the sprinkler system? Either way,what would I do to check valves and wiring myself? I'm very much trying to not have to call a professional.

Clyde5

Friday, April 16th 2010, 11:04am

fuse blown

I can confirm that the fuse is being blown out immediately when I press "start". I can see it flash. So what would be my next step in determining the problem causing it?

mrfixit

Friday, April 16th 2010, 2:38pm

Do this. Disconnect the wire from valve number 1 at the valve. If it no longer blows the fuse you have a bad solenoid. If it does the wires are crossed somewhere. I suppose you could disconnect the wire from the controller just to make sure it's not the controller itself.

Rate this thread